Friday, January 22, 2010

Welcome to the world baby Dax!!




FINALLY my new man is here!

Daxtin Randall Beecher was born on January 20, 2010 at 3:35am Weighing in at a whopping 8lbs 8.5 ounces and 20' long!!

Daxtins birth story-
On Tuesday January 19th Mommy had a doctors appointment at 3:20 PM. I was 5 days overdue! Dr Lupul said I was 3 cm and my cervix was really thin and expected me to go into labour in no longer than a few days. She stripped my membranes a bit to maybe try to get things going and that was that. About half hour after my appointment I started to feel some contractions coming on but I thought nothing of it because I figured they were just from the check up. Well they continued and seemed to be getting stronger but not by much. Papa and Nana took Aunt Deb to see AVatar at 6:40 and by then they were a little stronger but nothing more than they were saturday when I thought I may be going into labour. So anyway off they went and by 7:30 I was starting to think MAYBE this could be it but of course still doubting myself. Cody was sure I was going to be induced so he was convinced it was just braxton hicks. By 8pm they were about 5-6 minutes apart and alot stronger to the point were a couple of them were bringing me to tears. By that point I said to Cody we should be getting ready to go because there is no way Im in this much pain and not in labour. So he started getting things ready but I wanted to wait just a bit longer until my parents got home (which wasn't until 10ish) by about 9:30 I just couldn't take it anymore and had no idea why I was sitting around waiting in so much pain where if I really was in labour I could be getting an epidural :) So off we went and arrived at the hospital at about 10pm. Everyone from the movie met us at the hospital and waited to find out if this was really it. They checked me in and waited for my doctor to come and check to see if I was really in labour or not. Dr. Lupul was actually on call that night so she came in and said I was at 5cm and that we were finally going to have this baby!!! I was so excited that this was REALLY it and that we were going to meet you in just a few hours!

Witthin the first 30 minutes they started prepping me for the epidural. I was so lucky that the anathesioligist was right there and that I didnt have to wait. At 11:30 Pm I got my epidrual :).......They are seriously a miracle!!! At 11:45 they broke my water and figured I would have this baby by 1:30am. Around midnight I was 7cm and pretty much stayed that way for a while. The contractions were getting farther apart and I didnt seem to be making any progress so at 1:45 they started me on the oxytosen drip (or whatever its called) the same stuff they use to induce you.

Around 3 am I started to feel a lot of pressure sorta like I needed to go to the bathroom :)...so the nurse JENNIFER said she would check me in a couple minutes. The pressure kept coming on and I felt like I was about to go to the bathroom right there on the bed. I told her that I think I need to push so she checked me and I was 10cm at 3am. They had me push a couple of times but your heart rate was dropping and so was mine so they brought Dr. Lupul in right away. I pushed for about 20 minutes and you were born :) Your were born at 3:35 am on Wednesday January 20th, 2010

They put you on my tummy for a few seconds, daddy cut the cord and they took you to get you all cleaned up and make sure you were alright:) It was such an unbelievable feeling to finally meet you :) you were 8Lbs 8.5 Ounces and 20" long. We were all shocked at how much you weighed since they have been telling me all along to expect a small baby :)

Daxtin You have stolen the other half of my heart already :) You are perfect in every way and a perfect addition to our family. I am so in love with you already. I had wondered how I would feel after having a second son and it is amazing the love that I feel for both you and Gray. Even though we have known and loved Grayden for the last 2 years. We love you just the same ....It amazes me how much love a mommy can have for her babies:)

We love you so much Dax! You are so precious and we are so blessed to have you in our lives
xoxox mommy and Daddy











No comments: