Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Daxtin is ONE week old today :)



The first week has come and gone much like I expected :) I am trying so hard to soak up this precious time with you. This "baby" stage is so precious and comes and goes way to fast. Having gone through two years with Grayden I have realized this stage you are in has got to be my favorite. You are so delicate and helpless and need mommy and daddy's help for every thing. I LOVE THAT :)

You are seriously a perfect baby in every way! You hardly ever cry unless you are having your diaper changed, getting dressed, or having a bath. You hate being cold !! Grayden LOVED his baths right from the Getgo .......and then theres you :) You HATE them :) So other than that you sleep all day and love to be held. You do have a bit of a fussy time right before dinner around 3pm where all you want to do is nurse for HOURS. You pretty much sleep through the night which is AWESOME! We usually don't get to bed until 11:30 PM and you don't wake up at all until 6 or 7 am and then we do a feed and bum change and were back to bed until 10 or 11am ! I am one lucky mommy :) Grayden STILL doesn't sleep through the night.

It hasn't been all that hard adjusting to a new baby in the house. Were just slowly learning about you and getting to know your likes and dislikes and what sort of schedule you like to be on. The hardest thing so far is getting Grayden used to the fact that he isn't the only one that gets mommys and daddys FULL attention anymore. He is having a hard time with that especially when he sees me nursing you. He comes up to me and pulls my shirt or my finger to get me to come with him. Sometimes when I pick you up he falls to the floor and starts crying. I also caught Gray sucking his thumb for the first time. He also started doing little things to "fake" hurting himself like hit his head a bit against the wall or slapping somthing and pretending his hand hurt. He makes sure you see him hurt himself and then comes over to you and goes "AWWWW" and needs it kissed better.:( So that is the hardest part right now for me. Feels like a stab in the heart everytime (sniff, sniff) So I try to make an effort a few times a day where I take Gray downstairs alone and play with him or read him a book ......what ever I can in my condition right now :)

Grayden LOVES to give you kisses and pet your little head :) Its so sweet because he will be playing or doing whatever and all of a sudden he will come up to you and kiss you on your lips and walk away and repeat that over and over. He is such a sweet big brother and although he gets jealous at times......he LOVES you :)

You had your first Doctors visit January 26th at 6 days old. You looked perfectly healthy! You weighed 8 Lbs 13.5 ounces and 20"long. We are so blessed to have 2 healthy boys :)

Thanks for being such a good BABY Daxtin :)
Mommy and Daddy love you with all our heart

Heres a few pics of Dax's first week :)


One week old




Brotherly LOVE !


First doctors visit




First bath at home

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.