Friday, January 22, 2010

23 months old!!





Well Grayden you are officially a big brother now!!! WE brought your baby brother home on your 23rd month birthday! You met him for the first time on January 20 the evening he was born. Papa, Auntie Lynnie, and Aunt Debbie brought you to the hospital to see me and your baby brother. It was the first night I have ever spent away from you and I missed you like Crazy. I was a little worried about how you would be but you love your Papa and Auntie Lynnie so much that you had no problem. It was a little tough to get you to bed because all you want to do is play with Aunt Lynnie and she doesn't help either because she just wants to play....so Papa had to be the bad guy that night :)

You are such a sweet big brother already. When you first saw him you were petting his head so gently and resting your head on him and giving him kisses..... you warmed up to him right away and it was soooo adorable to see. You are going to be such a good big Bro!! When Dax was born and you came to see me in the hospital I felt like crying when I gave you a hug....It just made me realize how much you really have grown and are no longer that baby boy...You looked and felt so BIG!! .you have grown up so much!

So whats new with Gray this month?

Well Talking STILL hasen't been much of an improvement yet....... As a mom it sorta makes me worried or makes me feel like we've done something wrong but you are seriously SO SMART and I just have to remember that every child develops at there own rate....there own pace and I know one day here soon you'll just be talking your face off :) You have started to say a few more words but AGAIN you just decide not to use them........I think you've started a language of your own actually.....you'll go off on these little rants of babble talk every now and again and It makes us laugh so hard......the other day we were telling you its time for bed and you looked at us and then looked side to side and just started talking jibberish or somthing with SUCH attitude. Mommy and Daddy laughed so hard...LoL

You are STILL nursing before bed and when you wake up! I said I wanted to make it to two and looks like we will accomplish that goal FOR SURE! To be honest...I don't know how Im going to get you off!!! Especially now that Dax is here you are constantly coming up to me asking me for milk. When you see me nursing Dax you get really upset and try to grab me away so you can nurse. You are getting to big to still nurse so next month I think we'll be trying to wean you.

You LOVE to eat my dear! You are such a big eater!!!! You still love your veggies. the other night we had lasagna and you were picking out the spinach and eating just spinach....ODD but it makes me so happy you are such a healthy eater! Your favorite snacks are FIGGS, PRETZELS AND POPCORN. Your Favorite breakfast is french toast with home made blueberry sauce. And your favorite supper is hay stacks (RICE).

You have an OBSESSION with Dinosaurs and CHOO CHOO TRAINS. We have a train by our house that you can vividly hear and whenever it comes by you FREAK out and we run you to the door and take you out to watch it go by or the nearest window....You start screaming and grab who ever you can to take you out to see!! Its so much fun! Other fun things you like to do is twirl around the living room and make your self dizzy and laugh hysterically when you fall :) You love it when we play with you :) YOU LOVE TO LAUGH and make others laugh :) You love to be centre of attention!

You are a true definition of the word BOY! You love to wrestle and get rough with your dad. You love to play dinosaurs (especially in the bath) and slam them together like they are fighting. You love to play hide and go seek or the "chase" game. You are just so much fun right now!

Daddy is officially on parental leave!!! YAYYYYYY! We have him home with us for the next 9 months!! We are so blessed to have that here in Canada! It's going to be so nice to have him around! Daddy has been so helpful around here!! He lets mommy sleep and nap whenever she needs to. He's constantly picking up after you and cleaning the entire house! He has been so good to mommy!

Well Grayden this is probably the last "MONTHLY" post that I will do. After you are two I will probably update every 2-3 months! I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU ARE TURNING TWO NEXT MONTH!!! Gahhhh that is just crazy baby boy! I love you more than words could possibly express! You are my joy, my life, my everything!!

xoxox
Happy 23rd month Gray
Mommy and Daddy









No comments: