Wednesday, January 9, 2008

OB update..

I went for my first OB appointment today and met the doctor who will most likely be delivering our baby. She seems like a really great doctor. I was a little nervous we were going to get stuck with a crappy one since we were referred so last minute, but I couldn't have chosen a better one myself. The only thing Im disapointed about is that she only delivers at the Rocky View Hospital....I really wanted to deliver at the Peter Lougheed but theres nothing we can do about that I guess. We'll have to make a couple trips to familiarize ourselves to the area and where we're supposed to go because neither of us have been there before. I hear its a really good hospital though.

Well Nothing exciting happend at this appointment, basicly we just answered a bunch of history questions and went through my history thus far. She has also changed our due date to February 12 now. Which means I am actually 35 weeks pregnant and one week closer to meeting our little boy. She was looking through our ultrasound records and said that when you have an ultrasound in the early stages they are very accurate on the due date they give you. Our first ultrasound (at 7 weeks) gave us a due date of Feb 12 and especially because all our other ultrasounds have given us that due date as well she said we should now go by that date instead. SOUNDS GOOD TO ME!! Mom and Dad are a little bummed about it. They booked their flights for the 17th so they may not get here until a couple days after he's born. Atleast this way they will spend all their vacation time here with their grandson, instead of anxiously waiting a few days for his arrival. You never know what can happen though. I could be really late or early! We'll just have to see.

My next OB appnt is next thursday which should be interesting. She will check to see if I've began effacing or dilating at all and make sure baby is in proper position etc... I can't believe how close we are now ....I am one excited momma-to-be right now!!

Well Our ulrasound went well and everything looks normal. She didn't mention the weight or anything like that, and I forgot to ask so we'll find that out next week I guess. I asked for a couple pictures, but again they are hard to make out because there's just no room in there to really see anything, You can make out his face pretty good though.


He has his hands up by his face, but you can't really make that out.




His foot I guess??

No comments: