Friday, January 18, 2008

2nd OB update

Well I went to my second OB appointment today and everything looks perfectly normal. She had my ultrasound results and we scored 8/8. This pregnancy has gone so perfectly and we feel so blessed. Im always nervous when I go for an ultrasound or an appointment that they'll tell me something doesn't look normal, and Im just so so greatfull when I hear them tell me everything looks just fine. I remember before getting pregnant all we cared about or thought about was what the sex would be and all those little things but when your actually going through it, all you seem to care about is their health. We are truly so blessed!!!

She said he weighed in at about 5 lbs and a quarter at the ultrasound on January 8th and I heard they usually put on about half an ounce a day so he's probably almost 6lbs right now. I am also dilated 1 CM and 50% effaced, which doesn't really mean anything right now but It was exciting news to me!! 1 CM .....that just means we're one step closer to meeting our little boy!

Anyway he still moves around like crazy and this last week he's found a new hiding spot for his feet! Yup.. he found my ribs and loves to keep them in there all the time. Its such an awkward feeling but I love it. I get nervous when Im bending over for something because it feels like my ribs are squishing him.

I'll be 37 weeks on monday and for being 9 months pregnant, I feel pretty darn good. My only complaint is sleeping really sucks right now. My back just kills and I have to constantly toss and turn so Im not laying in one spot for too long. My heating pad is a life saver and seems to help alot. I haven't had any charlie horses in a whole month so as long as Im not getting those, I can handle anything right now !!!!! Its also alot better now that I dont have to stress about not getting enough sleep for work!! I have been on maternity leave for a week now and It's been so nice. I wanted to get into a days schedule right away but my body is still trying to adjust. I've been going to bed at 7am for so long, and I think its going to take me a little while yet. I've been able to get so much done this week. I washed all his clothes and bedding and we installed his carseat on thursday! It was so exciting to hang all his clothes in the closet and to have his carseat all ready to go in the back seat. Its so hard to imagine that in just a few weeks we'll have our baby driving around with us back there!! We're almost all ready, but we still have a couple things left to do. My next important task is to get our labour bag ready. Other than that we are pretty much all set.

I'll post some more belly pics here soon!!

No comments: