Monday, September 8, 2014

Grayden is in Grade 1

I cant believe my first babe is in Grade 1!!! Somebody slap me! He is officially in school full time for the next 16 years! Thats a scary thought, what's even scarier is trusting others to lead and guide you the right way when im not there, or hoping and praying others are not mean to you! I have been dreading this day for years and hoping it wouldnt come so fast…….just the thought of not having you around all day for days at a time puts a lump in my thought, but as the days came closer I have become alot more ready for this day. You are such a sweet and tender boy but you have your momements LoL and I will definitely be excited as heck to see you at the end of the day and surely soak up the time we do have together. The morning of I was excited for this new chapter but sad at the realization of you independence and not needing mommy as much…. over the summer you have been very much into friends and always wanting to be out front…. so it has begun….the chapter of friends :) I wont ever forget the morning I dropped you off for your first day of grade 1. You were so excited (much different than kindergarden) i walked you to the gate and we gave hugs and kisses (hopeing that doesn't go away anytime soon) and you walked yourself to the door like such a big boy and yelled out "bye mom" I dont think you even looked back (i know that was your shy side coming out) I was so sad but so proud of you!!! I walked back to the van with a big lump in my throat and managed to hold back the tears ;) That was definiely a moment…a big mile stone for you, and for me! ….Words just cant express how much i love you and how proud I am of the boy to have become :) Excited for this new adventure !! Heres you on your FIRST day of FIRST grade :)