Saturday, July 23, 2011

Vancouver 2011

If it wasn't for the ridiculous housing prices, or the crazy taxes you pay in that city. I would live there in a heartbeat! It is gorgeous and there is always something to do. I look forward to taking my boys here every year! This time was extra special because for the first time in 3 years we got to all come as a family. The last couple of years daddy has stayed behind. It was also the first year we drove down. That was the longest car ride we have ever been on together and I am still shocked at how well the kids did for a 12 hour car ride!

We left the morning of June 30th @ 3am in the morning. We figured it would be a good idea because the kids would sleep most of the way there. Well it didnt work out that way at all. As soon as we drove out of Luxstone you both were wide awake and it stayed that way for the next 2 hours. Considering the time and lack of sleep you both hardly complained at all. We stopped only 2 or 3 times on the way there. It was like clock work every 3 hours Dax would start to get fussy so we made a short pit stop. The boys slept only 2-3 hours the whole way there.

Finally around 4pm we arrived in White Rock. It was so much fun to stay with Nana and Papa for the week. We spent a few days at the beach which was heaven for my boys (including Cody) That would have to be my favourite place in the world! I love the beach there! Yah its not paradise or tropical by any means but I love how far the tide goes out and having all that space for the kids to run, play, chase birds, get dirty whatever they want. Its so relaxing and fun! The beach days were the best days.

We spent a couple days in the states shopping and we also spent a full day in cultus lake. That was a really fun day too!
Grayden loves water slides and the very first one he wanted to go on was the sky screamer! The life guard said they haven't seen someone so small wanting to go on it. I WAS EVEN SCARED TO GO ON but I did because I couldn't have my THREE year old go on but not his momma! Anyway It was really fun and not only did we go once but Gray wanted to do it again immediately after!

We decided to take him on "water rapids" its a really fun tube ride. Gray and his dad were sharing a tube and they flipped when the got to the bottom. They both went under and Gray was really upset! Well.......he didn't go on a waterslide again that day :( That scared him pretty bad!

It was such a fun week and I wish we could spend more time with my parents! Its so hard not having them around all the time.
The drive home was a breeze as well. I was so proud of my boys and how well they did. We made 3 or 4 stops on the way home and again, only 2-3 hours of naps for the boys! It was so nice to be home when we finally arrived! Its always good to be home. It was a really fun trip and I look forward to it next year :)





No comments: