Saturday, July 23, 2011

Sweet Grayden

For the longest time (since you figured how to open doors) your dad and I put a door knob lock on your door so you wouldn't come out of your room in the middle of the night. Well a few weeks went by and I started to feel really un-easy about that. What if for whatever reason you started choking and were trying to get out for help but couldn't?! I was thinking of a lot of "what if's" so I made daddy take it off. WELL.....ever since you have been sneaking into our bed and cuddling in with mommy! Dax usually beats you to it by 1am, so there we are. All four of us squished in one bed :) (thank goodness we purchased that king)

Most mornings I wake up and daddy's usually no where to be found. He escapes into the spare room to get a more comfortable nights sleep. One particular morning you were on the edge of the bed, mommy was in the middle, and Dax was on the other side of me. You asked if I could cuddle you so I had my arms wrapped around you and you had your hands tucked under your cheek. Dax was whimpering beside me for some reason and with your eyes still closed you whispered to me in the most sweetest voice ever "mommy, baby Dax needs you" Ughhh you melted my heart instantly!!! I thought to my self, what an incredibly sweet and caring little boy I have! It was so sweet that you were willing to give up your morning snuggles because you felt baby needed me more :) GAAAHH I LOVED IT.....so sweet!

Love you to bits Gray :)

No comments: