Sunday, August 22, 2010

White Rock 2010



We decided to take the opportunity to go visit Nana, Papa and Uncle Kaden this summer for almost 2 weeks since We didn't have to watch Jonah for the entire month of August! Daxtin had never met Uncle Kaden and Graden and I hadn't seen Kaden for over a year so it was sure nice to see him!!

Almost every afternoon we would walk or take the bus down to the beach. That beach would have to be the ultimate play area for you (and more me) There aren't many places you can take a toddler and just let them run free as far as they want. But we can do that there. It's the ultimate play place for any boy. Mommy sits in the sand with Dax and you go off on your own (with a couple dinosaurs of course) and your imagination takes off. I love to sit there and watch you play as you trap your dinos in the sea weed, dig them in the sand, stomp them on other kids sand castles, or just watching you run through all the puddles pretending to be a dinosaur and chase after all the birds. I wonder what goes through that little mind of yours and what you are saying to yourself. Do you really believe you are a dinosaur? Do you believe you are actually in the jungle? How I would love to be in my childs mind for a few minutes sometimes. It is so fascinating for me to watch you at play. I feel so peaceful over there in white rock sitting on that beach!! I miss you already!!

Mom and Dad sure spoil you both (and me) when we go. They would take you in the morning while Dax and I slept in and take you out for breakfast and probably treats galore :) We went and picked wild black berries in the back yard and some blue berries. ( you loved this) One of the days we went to pick Papa up from work and I loved watching the joy and pride in Papa's face as he showed you both off two off to all his co-workers :) That was fun!

Every part of me wishes and hopes that one day soon my mom and dad will get there butts back home, but a part of me will always miss that opportunity of having that beach around the corner to come visit whenever we wanted FREE ROOM AND BOARD! Of course we would much rather them live back home. Saying that we can only go to Nana and Papas house ONCE A YEAR sounds ridiculous!!!!

It was a nice vacation for us and even though we sure wished Daddy was there to share it with us we had a blast!
Hopefully we can ALL go next summer. LOVE YOU NANA AND PAPA









No comments: