Sunday, August 22, 2010

Grayden is 2 1/2 Years old!


Photo by- Tiffany Matson

Its been a few months since I've done an update on Grayden! He has grown and changed so much. I cant beleive in 6 months from today I will have a THREE year old. One year, and two years are ok but to say I will have a three year old is just crazy! But thas how it goes and Im sure I will say the same thing next year.

Graydens speech has improved so much since the last time Ive updated. He has started to say sentences now and has a pretty large vocab.
HIs very first sentence to me was " Mommy, Dinosaur all gone"
some other favorite sentences of Grayden are "umm mommy, i poopie" "mommy i eat" (when your hungry) and your most recent " ride,ride,ride, the dinosaur train....choo choo" LoL You LOVE dinosaurs and trains. I started to keep track the other day on how many times you say dinosaur in a day and I lost count at 61 and it was only the afternoon. Everything is DDIINNOOSSAAUURRR. I'll ask you to say hi to people......and you say "hi.....dinosaur"
if you dont have a dinosaur you walk around the house saying" dinosaur all gone" until you find one. You are one obsessed boy with your dinosaurs!

You love animals and you love to copy the sounds they make (you make a MEAN horse imitation) You love to go on walks and just be outside for that matter, You are such an adventure boy and you love to play independently. It amazes me and brings me so much joy to watch you play and use that BIG imagination of yours. You love to get into the dirt, bushes and trees with your dinosaurs as if you are in the jungle or something. You love water and of course getting muddy and dirty. A TRUE BOY in every sense of the word.

We started potty training you and it started to go pretty good but we are at a stand still right now. You refuse to go but if one of us goes before you, you want to BE LIKE EVERYBODY ELSE and most of the time you will go. in the beginning you were doing so good. Everytime I put you on the potty you would ususally always go. #2 is a different story. That will take some time I guess but to be honest this summer we have been so busy going everywhere that we haven't been able to be persistent with you so as of now potty training is at a stand still. You will go evey once in a while when I put you on the potty but sometimes you will SCREAM so I don't want to push it.

You used to be the BIGGEST eater but that has slowed down a lot. (just not growing as fast I guess) You hardly ever touch your dinner these days (you have maybe 5 or 6 bites) It depends on the meal I guess. Usually you have one meal during that day that you eat really good but the rest you nibble or have a few bites. You are a lot pickier than you used to be. You love your fruit amd eat lots of it....just pickier when it comes to veggies and certain meals mommy makes.

As far as sleeping goes you are usually in bed by 8:30. You usually ALWAYS wake up at least once in the middle of the night for whatever reason but you go right back once we come in and give you a kiss or lay with you for a bit. For a while there we were able to put you to bed and just give you a kiss and walk out and you would roll over and put your self to sleep but then you started teething again and that all changed. So for now we lay with you but we have to break that habbit here soon so its alot easier for mommy and daddy. You usually wake up about 7am and run into my room for some big snuggles and sometimes if im lucky you fall back to sleep for half an hour or so. Even though mommy can't stand those early mornings sometimes, I look forward to our morning snuggles everyday! I just love laying there with each one of my little boys on either side of me. Usually Dax is still asleep or nursing when you come in and you can't help but say hi to him every morning. You run in and cuddle me and learn over and say (sometimes scream) "HHHIIII BABY DAX" or "HI Daxtin" as you tickle his little belly!
-Moments mommy will never forget!

you are incredibly busy and are always on the go. I don't dare take you or your brother ANYWHERE by myself because I know I will loose you or quite possibly your brother. You are such a sweet and very sensitive little boy. You are so loving and kind and giving. You love cuddling but only in the mornings and after naps so I like to soak those up. You love to give kisses and whenever you give a kiss you always say " LUB YOU" You love to dance and be goofy and I will always remember our little free styles in the kitchen listening to the radio. (They are the best)

Some days I sit back and look at you and just cant believe or wrap my mind around the fact that YOU ARE MINE, you are my 2 year old that came from both me and your dad! Ir's amazing and GETS ME EVERY-TIME!
I have so many precious memories with you already and I cannot imagine the wonderful memories to come!!

Mommy LOVES you Grayden more than anything!!!
Happy 2 1/2 Birthday!!
xoxo
Mommy

No comments: