Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Sleep is SO good!

You DID it baby boy! We started putting you in your own room on the weekend and without nursing through the night. The first night was ROUGH! We started you out in your car bed but you would just keep running out and when we would come to tuck you back in you would run to your bed and giggle. It was more of a game to you and it felt like we were getting no where! After a couple hours of chasing each other back and forth, you started getting frustrated especially after we started saying nothing to you or giving you any more kisses goodnight. You finally fell asleep in your bed after about 3 hours. You woke up every 2 or 3 and I did end up nursing you once around 4 am but that was it.

The next night we decided to set up the play pen in your room. We figured that sleeping in your own room, and in a new bed and without nursing was to much of a change all at once. Your used to your playpen so we figured we'd try that instead. The second night was a lot easier! It was still rough because it wasn't a game anymore to you and you basicly sat there in your play pen and cried for a couple of hours. We went in and gave you a hug and a kiss every ten minutes but it was the hardest thing Ive had to do in a long long time. If Cody wasn't there to help me out I KNOW I would have given in and brought you into my room but it was what I expected from you and I prepared myself as much as I could but nothing is worse than seeing your baby crying and hurt when it was never his fault to begin with. It makes me tear up just thinking about what was going through your mind. I just had to keep telling myself that it will be so worth it in a few days!!

So that night was your first night of going the entire night without nursing. I always nurse you before bed but it was the first night you went all night without it. You didn't even ask for it. You woke up about 3 times in the night but we just went in and rubbed your back and you went right back to bed.

The third night I was a little panicked because i was going to be by myself but you got the hang of it right away. I nursed you and layed you down and you fell asleep. You didnt get up until 5am and then I rubbed your back and then you didnt get up again until your usual awake time. I was sooooo happy and relieved


Thanks baby boy for getting the hang of it so fast! Its so hard for mommy to hear to cry especially when it's not your fault to begin with :(
I love you
xoxoxo

No comments: