Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Sleeping on your own.......FINALLY!

We have had to rock you to sleep for far to long my little man. A week ago today you went to sleep all on your own. It has been a rough week with you being sick and all and Mommy just couldn't do it anymore. A lot of times we would rock you to sleep and when we put you down in your play pen you would wake up and sometimes not go back to sleep! I can't believe we have done it for this long!!!

At this point I knew the only way we would be able to teach you to fall asleep on your own was by letting you cry for a while. I was not ready to go through that myself but after a week of a non stop fussy toddler who has been attached to my hip 24/7.....I figured it was a perfect week to start and I would be able to handle you crying alone for a while :)

I waited until you were REALLY sleepy then nursed you. I picked you up, gave you a big hug and a kiss and layed you down, told you I loved you, and walked away. You were not happy about this at all.....You cried for about 5 minutes and I would go in after every 2 to let you know I was still around and that I loved you but you needed to go to sleep. Well after about 5 minutes you fell fast alseep :) I was so proud of myself and felt so relieved!

You have been doing awesome and now you rarely make a peep after we lay you down. Your used to the routine and usually shut your eyes as soon as I lay you down. It has been a huge relief for me and a big break! Its amazing and I just wish we started this sooner! lesson learned I guess!

Sorry baby #2 but you will be on your own starting day one! LoL

Love you little guy and thankyou for making this transition so easy for mommy!

No comments: