Saturday, October 17, 2009

A rough week.....plus reward!

I can honestly say this has been one of the toughest weeks with you Grayden! last tuesday when we went to bed you felt so warm but your temp was not feverish. You slept pretty well but out of no where you had a BM at 2am which NEVER happens. When you woke up you were SO hot. I checked your temp again and you were about 99*F You had no other symptoms but you had incredibly smelly BM's. Later in the day they started gettin runny so your olny symptoms were a bit of diareah and fever. I gave you lots of baths to help cool you down but you were attached to my hip ALL DAY LONG. That night was horrible You had about 4 BM"S and a fever of about 102*F We had a bath together at 2am and I ended up giving u some motrin. The next morning your fever reached a high of 103.4*F ....I was freaked right out and off to the doctors we went. It was a complete waste of my time......He didn't diagnose you with anything! He checked you out and everything seemed okay so he gave me a perscription for antibiotics and said this should help and that was it. I was soooo annoyed and frustrated and said my child does not need antibiotics for somthing you haven't even diagnosed .....Uhhggg doctors make me so MAD!! N E WAY i WALKED out without the perscription and we went home.

I had been so stressed the last couple of days worrying about my baby and not knowing whats wrong or being able to do anything about it is the absolute WORST! so after about 3 nights of no sleep, diaper changes, and lots of 2am baths. Your fever finally broke. FEVERS are the worst for me.....I know it's just the bodys way of fighting off an infection or whatever but it FREAKS ME OUT!

So I have no idea what was wrong with you or what you were fighting but you felt much better after the 4th day. You were still miserable for about a week after being sick and always wanted picked up. I am so happy to have my Grayden back and realized how much we take for granted when you are healthy!

I love you Grayden and so glad you are all better!

No comments: