Thursday, August 6, 2009

Our trip to Vancouver



It was definitely a different experience traveling with a child all by myself. Thank goodness it was only an hour flight. He didn't make a single fuss on the way there or back. I just plopped his Tigger and Pooh DVD in front of him and he was good to go. He loved staring out the window and saying hi to everyone around him. He was very content and quiet which was good. There was a kid behind me that couldn't have been much older than Gray that kicked my chair the whole way. I probably would have said somthing 18 months ago but having a child yourself you sorta have an understanding. I just couldn't believe she didn't even appolojize on his behalf. Anyway enough about that I was just thankful that wasn't my child.

We went to Vancouver last year when Gray was only 4 months old so we couldn't really do much but this time it was sooo much fun. He just loved it out there on the beach and it was fun for me to watch him run and run where ever he wanted to go. The tide goes out so far over there leaving a ton of puddles everywhere. That was the best part not having to worry about what he'd get into or where he was going. It was awesome!! I wish daddy could have been there to see you but mommy got lots of video :)
You adore your Nana and Papa so much.

Papa picked us up from the airport and it was one of the sweetest memories I will always remember. You haven't seen Papa (except on Ichat) for over a month and he was about 100 feet away when we saw him so I pointed him out to you and said, "there's Papa" Well you noticed him right away and pushed yourself away from me. I put you down and you started running towards him with your arms open. He started running towards you with his arms open and you ran right into his arms. It was like a movie moment and just melted my heart. I wish Nana was there.

There was another adorable experience with you in Vancouver! We were at belisfare mall in the states and there is this little foam play area in the middle of the mall that you really wanted to go in. We hung out in there for almost an hour and there was this little asian boy your age that you noticed right away. You immediately went over to him and had a huge smile on your face. You wrapped your arms around him and gave him the biggest hug. The little boy was confused and started walking away but you would just chase him and continue to wrap your arms around him and rest your head on his shoulders. This went on for atleast 5 minutes. You were just smiling and laughing the whole time. I was in tears laughing so hard and couldn't believe you were doing that. You have never done that with any kids so it was so adorable to see........MY LOVING BOY!!

It was so much fun to visit Nana and Papa and it was nice to be away from home for a bit. Thanks for everything Mom and Dad xoxoxo











1 comment:

T.J. said...

YES! You revamped the blog now it loads....ahh gray hugged the asian boy but not auntie tiff...next time I will be the one chasing you down and force some lovings on you.

Mwah GrayGray