Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Baby #2 Update

I had my second ultrasound a couple days ago for that neutral translucency check where they can tell wether the baby has down syndrome or any other issues. I didn't have one done for Grayden and It doesn't matter to me either way but I just wanted to see the baby and thats the only reason I booked this ultrasound. Well I was 10 weeks and 5 days so the baby was to small for them to do the measurements but I had an amazing tech that talked to us about everything we were seeing and let us watch the baby for a while. She was the best tech I've ever had. Anyway the baby was just a round blob for the first bit and you couldn't really make anything out. Thats all I expected to see but as soon as she brought Cody in all of a sudden it started to move like crazy!! She was pointing to the arms and then all of a sudden he/she started stretching her arms out and kicking his legs and rolling itself around. It had so much room in there to just move around and it was un believable to see that at such an early stage. I never had an ultrasound like that with Gray. It was so clear and perfect. It was amazing for us to see how much alive he/she was and how developed he was at such a young stage. It was amazing :)

I really wanted to wait until the baby was born to find out the sex but I don't think that's going to happen. I can't wait to find out and everyone is putting their guesses in. I have an ultrasound booked for August 21 to find out so I guess we'll see then. I remember with Grayden I had a strong feeling a few months in that I was carrying a boy. I haven't had that yet with this one but I did have my first dream a few weeks ago. I had a dream we waited to find out and when the baby was born everyone in the room screamed IT'S A GIRL. Cody insists we are having another boy. This pregnancy is the same in a lot of ways but also a lot different. I am a lot sicker than I was with Grayden and instead of being hungry all the time which was the case with Grayden, I am completely the opposite. I have no appetite for anything and the normal foods I am so used to eating make me want to hurl.

I am completely exhausted with this pregnancy. I'm sure that has a lot to do with the fact that I'm still nursing. The lactation consultant I talked to said that would be the case if I continued nursing but that there was absolutely nothing wrong with nursing while being pregnant. She said after the first three months I would start to feel better and I am a few days away from that mark so we'll see.

We can't wait to meet this new bundle of Joy. I can't wait to see Grayden with you and how adored you will be by all. Love you little peanut :)

1 comment:

Kimberlee said...

congrats on baby #2!!! how exciting!! I found my pregnancies to be so completely different i thought i was having a boy the 2nd time. its so weird how your body will react completely differently to the same thing happening. Im so excited for you guys though, i hope you find out!! its a suprise either way, but so much fun to get to haveb the time before to shop!!!!!