Friday, March 7, 2008

Graydens two weeks old!!!!

....and what an amazing 2 weeks it has been. Grayden turned two weeks old today and I can't believe how fast time is flying by already. I have such a hard time putting him down in his swing or anywhere else because I just dont want to miss anything, and he's growing so fast. Hence why I haven't updated in a while. Im going to miss this stage of his life so much. I love how he's so dependent upon me, although Im sure I will love every stage of his life I will probably miss this one the most. Breast feeding has gone so well right from the beginning. It is one of the true miracles and joys of motherhood.

So what has Grayden's first two weeks been like? The first week was so nice because we had the help of my mom and dad all the time. I would feed him around 11pm or 12 and mom and dad would take him until about 3am so we could catch up on some much needed sleep. I don't think they know how much we appreciated and loved having them around. They cooked, cleaned, bought groceries.....just everything....THANKS MOM AND DAD, YOUR AMAZING AND WE MISS YOU!! Mom and Dad flew back to Vancouver last monday, It was a pretty emotional day for them and me as well. I know it was so hard for them to leave their grandson, they have fallen so in love with him, but also hard to leave me as well. This is all so new to me and it has been so great having them here to help. I have to say that this week has given me a whole new love for my own mom and dad. One could never know just how much their parents love them until they become a parent themselves. It became so clear to me this week, and I am so grateful to have had those two weeks to spend with my mom and dad and realize just how deeply they love me.

So we were on our own...... as nice as it was to have mom and dad around and get all the help we needed, it was nice to be on our own and experience this new life of ours, and be our own little family. I can't believe how good of a sleeper Grayden is. We get ready for bed around 1030pm, I feed him around 11 and were in bed by 1130pm he sleeps until 3:30-4am for a feed and a diaper change and then were back to bed around 430-5am. He'll sleep for another 3-4 hours. We are very lucky!!!! He hardly ever cries except for when he needs a diaper change or just wants to be cuddled. We had our first ruff day with Grayden on wednesday. He has a little diaper rash so we decided to wash his bum and have him air dry without a diaper for about 20 minutes. Well He was pooping and peeing EVERYWHERE!! LOL He seriously pooped atleast every 5 minutes......most of them were just dripps but we had a few good squirters as well and peed all over himself a couple times aiming right for his face :( He loved being out of his diaper but he was just messing everywhere and got pretty upset....I called my dad to see if this was normal to be pooping this much and we realized it was probably my green drink thats making him so runny and causing the diaper rash. It must be too rich for him and passing right through him.......that was a ruff day for Grayden and for us......So NO MORE GREEN DRINK FOR ME.

Grayden's umbilical cord fell out last tuesday March 4th. He was 11 days old. We've been to the doctors quite a bit these last couple of weeks...Grayden had a bit of Jaundice so they wanted to keep an eye on him. He's all better now thank goodness....I thought I worried enough just being pregnant and couldn't wait to have him here and not have to worry anymore!! Boy was I wrong.....the worrying doesn't go away especially now that he's here!

Grayden is so perfect, I had no idea I could love somthing so MUCH! Its a love I have never known before and I can't imagine my life without him. I get all choked up just thinking about him. Grayden is such a joy in our lives. We are so blessed and thank Heavenly Father everyday for such a perfect gift. It has been so wonderful to have Cody home with us for the last couple of weeks and we are dreading Monday when he has to go back to work. We love having daddy around 24/7. Watching him with Grayden together the last couple of weeks has been just beautiful. I knew having a child together would change things for us, but I had no idea all the new ways I would fall in love with him.

Well Happy Two Week Birthday Grayden! Thank you so much for the most amazing weeks of my life so far. We love being your Mommy and daddy, you are just sweet perfection. Thank you for showing me what the word Mommy really means. I had no idea what I was getting myself into, but I am loving every minute of it!

A few pics of Grayden .....











1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My wonderful Daughter Taleah,
We've all commented at times about how well Tara-lynn expresses herself, I absolutely love reading all of the experiences that you share with us. You have given all of us a special gift by letting us share this magical time of your life.
It was 2 of the greatest weeks of my life too Taleah. To be there as you and Cody brought little Grayden into the world and then to your home. It was such a privilegde to be a part of that and both your mom and I are so grateful that you let us share so much of that time. We love you and Cody so much and of course words cannot express how thankful we are that your son is so perfect and brings you so much joy and us. We miss you all so much and hope that things work out that we can be there soon. You are an amazing daughter. I love you so dearly and I'm touched each time of think of you.

Love forever,
Dad