Thursday, March 27, 2008

Graydens first bottle

So we decided to give Grayden his first pumped bottle today. He is almost 5 weeks and breastfeeding is well enough established that I figured we could try and see what happened. It was pretty cute. Daddy fed him his bottle and he took too it right away. He took a couple seconds to get used to it but no problems what so ever...I figured he would have a hard time because he doesn't like his pacifier one little bit....He chokes on it a lets out a holler if you stick it in his mouth, but other times he takes it when he really needs to sooth himself but you always have to hold it for him or it falls out. Anyway I heard with the bottle they usually choke a bit the first few times because it comes out much faster, but in our case I think My milk comes just as fast so he was used to it and didn't choke at all. It will definitely take a few more practices before I am willing to leave him with a bottle, but I am glad to know one would go down in case of emergency. Here's a couple pics of Grayden's first bottle.


No comments: