Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Second prenatal today ....

So I had my second prenatal visit today and everything looks great. Cody was able to come this time. I had a few concerns with me blacking out and all last week, but she said thats pretty common in pregnancy. I haven't gained any weight since last check up which was five weeks ago. So I have only gained 6 pounds so far in this pregnancy.

We had a pretty good laugh at this visit. As you all know Cody and I have a doppler at home and have listened to the heart beat a few times. Well she pulled out her doppler and started moving it all around and I thought she had found it right away because we heard the beating sound that we were so used to hearing. But then she kept moving it. I was thinking to my self what is she doing, it's right there, but then ......... she found a little different sound. THE HEARTBEAT!! LOL I asked her what that other beating sound was and she said, "oh that's just your "increased" blood flow!!!!!!! LoL Geez we laughed so hard. So all that mushy talk about using the doppler for the first time and laying there together watching Cody listen to his baby's heart beat for the first time......well turns out we were just admiring my "increased" blood flow!!! LoL woo hoo. So today was actually the first time Cody heard our babys heartbeat! I hope you all enjoyed watching the video listening to my blood flow!! LoL ........Hey were not doctors!

Anyway, our next ultrasound is booked for October 1st at 2:10pm !!!! We are crazy excited for this ultrasound where we can FINALLY find out the sex!! I am dyeing to start shopping for this little one!! It will also be a 4D ultrasound where we will have images of his/her little face and video of it moving around. Can't wait for that, I'm already having a hard time sleeping just thinking about it. I will be 20 weeks Sept 30, which means I will be half way there in just a couple weeks!!! I can't beleive how fast this is all going but I'm trying to soak up every minute of it. I still haven't felt baby move but I am only 17 weeks, so I have lots of time yet. I am just so excited to feel some movements! Well I will try and get a video of the ACTUAL heartbeat today and then post it a little later on. Thanks for reading and for all your lovely comments!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Hi sweetheart! I'am so happy for you and cody, you will have the most beautiful baby ever...until your next one that is ;) Well I can't wait until the next prenatal...mostly for you...so you can finally find out the sex!!! YAY!!! So exciting, well luv ya and you look amazing!

Talk to you soon!

Kara xoxo