Wednesday, September 19, 2007

First movements :)

YUP, it finally happened. I felt our baby's first movements on September 15th around 8:30 pm at almost 18 weeks pregnant. We were at Grandma and Grandpa's 50th wedding anniversary and I was sitting on the couch listening to everyone talk and I felt this little flutter or somthing on the right side of my stomach. I didn't really think anything of it at first but I waited to see if it happened again and about 5 seconds later, I felt it again. I shouted at everyone that the baby just moved and of course Cody rushes over to try and feel but it's to early for that. Baby moved about 5 or 6 times and It was the neatest experience and so emotional, but we all know me when I'm around others. I don't like to show that kind of emotion so I just held it in but It was definitely one of those "FIRSTS" I will never forget.

It's SO real now, not like it wasn't before but It hasn't really hit me yet that were ACTUALLY having a baby, of course until I felt him/her move!! Now this baby's moving all the time and It is the best feeling in the world. Im so greatful for such a clear sign that this baby is healthy and strong. Some movements are stonger than others and have actually made me jump, I'm just not used to it I guess. Pregnancy has been such an amazing experience so far and I still have so much to look forward to.

The 4D ultrasound has been rescheduled for Friday Sept 28th at 1:20 instead of the monday. I didn't want to wait all weekend. LoL Only 8 more sleeps. CAN'T WAIT

No comments: