Monday, November 8, 2010

Happy Halloween!

We were so excited for Halloween this year!! I have to say this is the first year that Grayden actually "GETS" Halloween and understands the whole concept of "trick or treating" It was so fun to watch all your reactions to the different and SCARY decorations that come along with Halloween and all the different candy you got from each house you went to.

This year the iron horse train track opened its doors for a few days for a halloween train ride. They close thanksgiving and I thought that was going to be Graydens last train ride for the year but when I heard they were opening for halloween I was so excited for my Grayden. He is always asking to go on a choo choo ride so I didn;t want to miss the opportunity. When I saw the add in the paper It read for ages 6+. I called to ask why I couldn't take my 2 year old and she said well its still daytime so bring him now. We just dont want the little ones to get cold or get scared of the dark. I asked if it was scary and she said it was a little spooky. WELL all i was thinking about was that my little man was going to get to ride his choo choo train so I sent Daddy to take him. Well they got home half hour later and apparently it was really scary and totally inappropriate for a 2 YEAR OLD!!!! I should have known better than to send daddy if I wasn't sure because there's NO WAY i would have stayed and took him through the haunted house to boot!

Apparently they had fake bloody limbs all over the train track and scary people with chain saws that popped out of know where, and witches and other scary masked men that came up to the children telling them they were going to EAT THEM!! OMGosh when Cody told me this I was MORTIFIED. WHY DIDN'T THE LADY ON THE PHONE TELL ME ABOUT THIS? Ugh, I guess it was 6+ for a reason. My gosh my poor boy! You know when you go to the movies, to a really scary and gory one and you walk out and see dads with there 7 year old sons or whatever and think OMG THAT IS JUST TERRIBLE.....Well......that was us!!!!! I can't imagine the glares cody must have gotten or all the people who must have thought what a bad parent he was for taking this poor little boy to that. LoL
apparently Gray didn't even cry or get too scared other than a few jumpy moments and he even wanted to go through the haunted house again (cody didn't take him) So he is a pretty brave boy and doesn't get scared easily but he will never go to something like that again until he is MUCH MUCH MUCH OLDER!

Since Halloween fell on a sunday this year (the sabbath) the church held a "trunk or treat" on the saturday for all the kids to do there trick or treating. It was fun and alot less walking (wish they did this every year)
Gray had so much fun!! On Halloween night we did take you to a few houses like Grandmas and Aunties but that was it and you had plenty of candy from the trunk or treat anyway. It was a fun night and you and Dax looked so cute in your costumes!
Heres some pics of halloweeen 2010








No comments: