Sunday, January 13, 2013

Grayden's metal mouth :(

I have been so stressed about my sons teeth ever since we took him to his first dentist check up back in the new year. I was actually really excited to take him to the destist because we have been soooo good with his teeth since day one. The dentist told me he had 5 cavities!!! I was SHOCKED and soooo frustrated! She said he had little enamo that protected his teeth so we scheduled him to have them taken care of. He did sooo amazing the first time he had his cavity filled and it didnt even phase him. The second time however was a different story. He was FREAKING out the entire time! So that completely ruined his view on the dentist and would NOT open his mouth for anyone else. While we were in vancouver he had a TERRIBLE tooth ache!! BUT WOULD NOT OPEN HIS MOUTH for anyone. It went away and didnt come back. I was brushing his teeth about a month later at home and noticed a enormous pea size puss ball on his gums. Off to the dentist we went and we were referred to a pediactric dentist due to his experience with a family dentist. He was the same way, so they told us Grayden would need to be put under for the operation. He had to have his tooth removed and recieve 5 metal caps over his mollars because the previous dentist did a bad job filling his cavaties. AND he would have to wear a big spacer in his mouth to hold the empty space for his adult tooth. I was so overwhelmed and nervous about this, but I knew it had to be done. When they gave him the gas and as I wathced him slowly go to sleep it was so overwhelming and I immediately began to cry......It was a scary thing but I knew he would be just fine. So Grayden got an early visit from the tooth fairy at 4 years old! That was the only cool part about all of this.

No comments: