Saturday, November 22, 2008

Graydens 9 month update !!

Grayden turned 9 months old the day we came home from Hawaii. What a crazy and fun month he has had!! He has become so aware of his surroundings and has developed this little personality that I am getting to know more and more everyday. Just seeing him develop into this little tiny person has been so fun!

Grayden has gotten SO mobile it is crazy! He has mastered crawling anywhere and everywhere. He has been very clingy this month and is constantly wanting your undivided attention. Maybe the teething? I dunno....he sits and plays by himself for a little while but it doesn't take long before he's hollaring for some attention. If we're not playing with him he comes and finds us and pulls himself up by our pants to be picked up. He is strong willed, which I think is a good characteristic for a boy. He hates it when he gets placed in his play pen or anywhere else for that matter and tells me all about it until I come get him. The babbling has really increased this month too.

He is now officially pulling himself up on everything. He just looks so old standing there all by himself. For a while when I would come into the room and see him like that I almost couldn't believe it. We have started to use the word "NO" a lot these days. The first few days it was cute, and I liked watching him explore and see everything for the first time at this new level but it can get exhausting chasing him around everywhere. He has started to move side to side on different things and has actually stood up all by himself a couple times, but then immediately plops down to his bum.

Sharing is also something that developed this month. He loves to share his soother with me. I smack my lips and save "mommy have" and he pulls it out of his mouth and tries to put it in mine. He gets quite a kick out of someone else having his soother. He likes to share his mum mumss as well. Waving hello is new too. He just flaps his right arm up and down with a big smile on his face....so sweet :)

He had his first commercial baby food in Hawaii. I packed some organic bananas and pears for fruit but I had to buy some vegetable commercial baby food because I had nothing to make vegetables with. Surprisingly he didn't mind it but didn't eat much. Finger foods are by far his favorite, he loves slices of banana, cucumber, avocado, pieces of broccoli pretty much anything he can feed himself with. He surprisingly does pretty well with it and most of it he is actually eating! He could eat broccoli for 3 meals a day if i let him. It is definitely one of his favorite foods and gets all antsy and moves his tongue around every time he sees me make it! He's going to grow big and strong :) We are still doing mostly 2 meals a day. He continues to nurse about 5-6 times a day and then once or twice during the night.

Oh yah...Gray FINALLY cut his first tooth in Hawaii on November 18th. A few days earlier he was just drooling like crazy and a couple times he would spit his soother out and grab my finger to bite chow down on. A couple days later I could see that his gums at the the top of his mouth had been pierced through a bit. My baby was cutting a tooth :( I felt so bad for my poor little guy. I kept saying to Cody and Grandma that I think he was cutting a tooth up there because it looked all red and stuff but they didn't really believe me at first because it was happening at the top of his gums instead of the bottom which is where they usually come in first. Anyway he definitely has one up there and I don't think it will be long before the other one pierces through beside it. The doctor said it wasn't really normal for them to cut a tooth at the top first. I googled it and read from other moms that it was normal and that every baby is different and his doctor said it isn't anything to worry about. She said if the tooth was canine like then there may be worries but its coming through normally.

He is one healthy boy and weighs in at a whopping 20 Lbs 5 ounces. He dropped at bit from being in the 75%tile for his weight to the 50%tile which is normal since he is more mobile. He is 30 inces long which keeps him in the 95%tile for his height! He is one tall boy!! (I wonder where he gets that from) His head circum was 17.75" (we always new he had a big melon). I bought him an 18 month snow suite thinking he would have so much room to grow trough winter but when we tried it on his feet are already stretching out!! Not only is he tall but his feet are huge...He is in a size 4 at 9 months old!!!! We under estimate our son and how big he is all the time.
Anyway we couldn't be happier and feel so blessed to have such a happy and healthy boy. He has never even been sick yet!!! Not one cough, not one sniffle....Nothing (knock on wood) I know he will catch a cold and get sick one of these days but I am pretty impressed he hasn't caught a thing yet. He is still happy as ever. Every single person that meets you has commented on how happy you are. Everytime we got on the elevator in hawaii almost everyone would say, "Aren't you just a happy boy". You smile at everyone you meet and there is no greater feeling as mother to see you so happy and healthy. You love to laugh and be tickled. You go hystericle especially when we chase you around the room and say, "im gonna get you" Your giggle is the cutest sound in the world.

I am 3 months away from his first birthday and am totally in shock. Sometimes when I stare at him sleeping all sprawled out on the bed he is absolutely, without a doubt, a little boy laying there and I can't remember when that happened. I must have blinked. I am really going to try and soak up the next few months of babyness with Grayden. You are unbelievable baby boy and a dream come true in my life. Love you Love you Loves you!!!

It has been a fun and exciting month! So much has changed and I know I'll say the same thing next month but man does it go by fast!
Happy 9 month birthday baby!!

Mom and Dad
xoxoxoxo




9 months old!!


Doesn't he look so big !!




In my first snow suite



Playing in my toy bin

No comments: