Tuesday, September 2, 2008

6 month checkup...

Grayden had his 6 month checkup at 25 weeks which was a few days ago. He weighs 18 Lbs 8 oz and he's 28" long. He is in the 75th percentile for his weight and 95th percentile for his height. Gray is one TALL little boy. I have no idea where he gets his height from because I am a shorty and his dad isn't very tall either. Anyway more importantly he is growing like a weed and he is one healthy boy!!

We were extremely happy and relieved after this appointment because our doctor finally asked the immunization question, if Gray has had his 6 months shots? Right before Gray was born we were watching CNN and listening to the whole controversy about Vaccines. There were doctors saying you should and doctors saying you shouldn't and wether vaccines are linked to autism etc. etc. Well that was enough for us and we wanted to know more. Cody and I have spent the last 8 months educating ourselves on Vaccines and really praying about this. After all our research we decided together that we feared the Vaccines far more than the diseases them selves. Im not saying we will never vaccinate, but we are strongly against vaccines within the first two years of his life.

This is such a heated topic but we feel so strongly about this and we are so glad that we decided to educate ourselves and learn all the crap that is put into these things. Anyway I never brought it up to our doctor because I know that doctors are educated very well on diseases but they are taught very little about vaccines and most have no clue what really goes into them unless they study themselves. So I was really afraid of what she would have to say...After we explained our decision she was sooo supportive and said she understood why we have decided not to vaccinate right now, and that she has quite a few patients who feel the same way and don't vaccinate. You have no idea how happy that made us to hear her say that and to know that our doctor supported our decision. phewww !!!

I want to thank you mom and dad for all your support over this topic. I was extremely stressed about this in the beginning trying to make the right decision for our son and just thinking about everything got me so overwhelmed and in tears at times. Thanks so much for hearing me out night after night, and I know you have always been against vaccines but you never told me how you felt at first because you wanted us to make our own decision. That meant so much to us and Im really thankful for that.

Just wanted you to know :)


First time eating a rice cookie !!


My baby looks like a toddler here !!!


Starting to make funny faces at me :)


Getting so big !


Playing with bubbles


Grays new toy...

No comments: