Thursday, August 7, 2008

We tried solids...

So we tried solids yesterday for the first time at 5 and a half months old! Grayden had his first dinner! He didn't seem to mind it at all, made a couple faces near the end just letting me know that he was done. He didn't like me feeding him and kept grabbing for the spoon to do it him self so I let him take it a few times and he would put it right in his mouth, it was cute but VERY messy. Over all he did a good job for his first time. Most of it came back out but I know he had a few good swallows so thats good. It won't take him long before he gets the whole swallowing food concept.

Its hard for me to think that he will soon be eating all these foods and no longer fully dependant on my milk. Breastfeeding has been such a beautiful bonding time for us and as excited as I am for him to grow and try all these new things, I will miss this relationship we have where I am everything and all he needs. I plan to breast feed Grayden for a while still so we have plenty more of those bonding moments to come :)

Im so excited to make all these foods for him and I think we are going to try his first Vegetables next week.
Here is our little angel with his Momma's rice cereal. His first time tasting "my cooking" and he didn't complain!


No comments: